woensdag 1 augustus 2012

Movies of july

Another month of moviewatching has passed, time to evaluate.

La Haine (1995) - Very strong movie.
How I spent my summer vacation (2012) - This was the first sneak preview of the month, and it was a great watch.
Cell 211 (2009) - Very strong story development.
Win Win (2011) - Slightly more than enjoyable.
The Raid (2012) - Lots of fighting, felt like a more gruesome version of Ip Man.
Mar adentro (2004) - Impressive and depressing.
Le Prenom (2012) - Better than expected, kind of like a lighter version of Festen.
Habla con Ella (2002) - Quite intriguing, kinda weird tho.
Entre les Murs (2008) - It was interesting and insightful, but not necessarily enjoyable.
Garden State (2004) - Bad.
A few best men (2012) - Terrible movie quality wise, I still had a good laugh.
La delicatesse (2011) - Quite enjoyable, nothing special, but worth watching.
Detachment (2011) - Very impressive movie, Adrien Brody is a strong actor.
The Wrestler (2008) - A movie I consider to be great for reasons explained in last month's post.
Brave (2012) - A lot more aimed at children than I expected, still fun tho.
Comme un Chef (2012) - A lot more fun than I expected.
Madagascar 3 (2012) - I laughed my ass off.
Batman Begins (2005) - Freaking great, this movie gets a surprising lack of affection from the masses.
The Dark Knight (2008) - Amazing. Heath Ledger achieves a mesmerizing performance.
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Not quite the cinematic masterpiece that the Dark Knight was, but still a great ending to the trilogy.
Jeux d'enfants (2003) - I'm not yet sure what my definite opinion on this movie is, for now I'll claim to have liked it.
Big Fish (2003) - Enjoyable, but I don't see why this movie gets so much love. It's a fine movie, but not amazing.
Project X (2012) - Ah well, you gotta watch one of these every once in a while.
Megamind (2010) - A fun watch.
A history of violence (2005) - I remembered it being better than it was.
The Boondock Saints (1999) - I love anything with an irish accent.
Red Lights (2012) - If I could've watched this again and taken away the last few minutes, I would've called it an enjoyable movie. But with this ending it made me want to puke my guts out.

A good score this month.

As always,

Live long as prosper,
Teun

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten