zondag 16 februari 2014

Ernest et Célestine

Last night I watched a movie that managed to slip past my watchful eyes. Ernest et Célestine was released in 2012. But recently made its way back in to my radar when I saw it was nominated for an Oscar, since it doesn't release in the States until the 28th of february (2014).



The movie takes us into a beautifully drawn world where mice live underground and above ground there is a society of bears. And every mouse knows that the bears are evil, huge, famish and ruthless. Every mouse, except for Célestine, she has difficulty accepting that all bears are fundamentally evil. She runs into a bear called Ernest, and after convincing him not to eat her, we follow them on their adventures. As they test centuries of tradition.

The animations and sound of this movie were marvelous, from the adorable patter of mouse feet whenever they walk, to houses rocking on its foundations to the back and forth breathing of our bear Ernest.

So, in short, this is a movie that impressed me visually and charmed the heck out of me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten